Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) is a system in which the circuit is closed and all the elements are directly connected. This is unlike broadcast television where any receiver that is correctly tuned can pick up the signal from the airwaves. Directly connected in this context includes systems linked by microwave, infrared beams, etc. This article introduces the main components that can go to make up CCTV systems of varying complexity.
The Applications for CCTV
Probably the most widely known use of CCTV is in security systems and such applications as retail shops, banks, government establishments, etc. The true scope for applications is almost unlimited. Some examples are listed below.
- Monitoring traffic on a bridge.
- Recording the inside of a baking oven to find the cause of problems.
- A temporary system to carry out a traffic survey in a town center.
- Time lapse recording for the animation of plasticine puppets.
- Used by the stage manager of a show to see obscured parts of a set.
- The well-publicized use at football stadiums.
- Hidden in buses to control vandalism.
- Recording the birth of a gorilla at a zoo.
- Making a wildlife program using a large model helicopter.
- Reproducing the infrared vision of a goldfish!
- Aerial photography from a hot air balloon.
- Production control in a factory.
Farad as a system integrator offering wide range of solutions in case of CCTV,NVRs and storages it focused on high end and reliable Brands like Axis,Vivotek and Bosch to offering a high quality security surveillance solutions to its customers based on customer budget, demands and the requested security level the design team will offer more valuable solutions to them.
The major brands of CCTV solutions are: